Sunday, July 27, 2008

Put into Practice

During the past few weeks, my attention has turned to pop psychology discipline known as nlp, neuro linguistic programming. It is known for having quick and lasting results especially in cases of phobias. It is how Tony Robbins, whom I have much admiration for, got his start. The reason I am mentioning all this is to begin my personal experiment.

Mental Beats is about finding ways to think different about the world we live in. It is about finding rhythms and patterns that help boost our creativity. What better place to begin than with your own body. Mind, body and spirit operating as a single unit is an ideal place to be. I have been developing my mind for some time now as well as my spirit but the physical self is lacking. I am going to use the basic principals found in nlp to help me become physically fit.

To make this even more of a challenge, I am going to commit to the following goal:

Before the end of 2008, I will be in good enough shape to be an underwear model.

Yup, I said it and you read it. Raising the bar, as it were. I feel that the goal of just getting in shape is not motivating enough. I do not participate in sports so get fit for the sake of athleticism is also not motivating. I found the extreme narcissistic path more what I am after. It is a challenge, a huge challenge, but it is highly motivating.

For the next few posts I will be recording my fitness progress peppered among the nlp nuggets and exercise routines I am experimenting with. I hope you find this interesting and motivating for you to make a change for the better in your life.

Enjoy!

Matthew

No comments: